Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Moms of little girl - some advice please....?

I have an 18 month old daughter who has gorgeous, very fine brown hair. The issue is, it's getting long and for the past couple of months she will not let me put it up so that it's not in her face. I see her getting frustrated with it and repeatedly trying to brush it out of her eyes. I have tried putting a clip in it and distracting her - but she will have that clip ripped out in less than 5 minutes. I REALLY don't want to cut her hair because it's gorgeous but i'm starting to feel there's no other option. I could really use some advice from moms who have been there.Moms of little girl - some advice please....?
I had that problem with my daughter, she has very fine curly blond hair that gets so tangled so easily, i took her to the store and let her pick out some hair clips and ties and told her i'd get whatever ones she wanted but they had to go into her hair everyday, and we made it a thing too lol. She loves the disney princesses and so i tell her ok, time to give Chloe Princess hair! Pick out the princess you are today and i'll do your hair like hers. Well by no means does it ever come out like that but she doesn't know it and it gets the job done.Moms of little girl - some advice please....?
Try letting her pick out the clips or bows or whatever at the store. Also do her hair in the mirror and keep telling her how beautiful she looks. Remember to pick and choose your battles, in the end you may not win this one. It is not a huge issue to stress over. Try lots of different kinds of hair accessories, headbands, ribbons, rubber bands, clips, just try everything, and you are going to probably find something she likes.
My daughter had unruly curls but she eventually let me put a ponytail in it. Try letting her pick out cute headbands and other accessories. maybe that will make her want to wear them??
maybe just give her bangs. That way it's not in her eyes..

No comments:

Post a Comment